Friday, July 16, 2010

7-16-10

Sigh, busy summer. How time flies. (or does it? Does it fly like an arrow or a hawk that just goes in circles? I'm referring to the model with the pizza-- excluding two slices. But you'd have to bend space yourself to do that, and I'm not quite sure if the pizza being a circle was representing what I think it was.)

Anyway, in case you didn't know, there was a solar eclipse a few days ago. It was in the south Pacific, so no one in the US saw it.

The south Pacific... is beautiful, really. Here are some pictures:

http://spaceweather.com/eclipses/gallery_11jul10_page3.htm?PHPSESSID=79vgjj5fv7ajq95ocq6ga8kgk1

Here's hoping that link works; if not let me know and I'll fix it. My personal favorite is the very first one. Isn't that amazing? Nice corona there.

Let's see... as far as satellite tracking goes... the International Space Station has been spotted twice. Both times it was seen with a magnitude below -2. Not bad. I really liked how it was red lower on the horizon because of all the atmosphere. Then you could watch it get bigger and brighter and then fade on the opposite horizon. Fascinating.

Currently unsure of what to do, as the bridge project was put off until I can find better working space; stepped on the Lego model at night; ow. Looking at Sloan Digital Sky Survey projects and contemplating... thinking... I shall have to choose one later.

I was awake for that earthquake we experienced this morning. I'm still gathering some information before I post about it, so I'll try to post as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment